Thursday, July 23, 2015

The places I'll Be Going Traveling 60 Words Per Minute

previously mentioned I'd be taking a little time away from this blog to contribute to another blog that concentrates on the music scene of my local area, Philadelphia. My contributions don't really get in the way of my updating to this blog, since I never used it to discuss matters I cover at Radio Static. Well, dear readers, I'm afraid this blog has just turned second fiddle.

As of a few days ago, I became a contributing writer to the pop culture website Pop Matters. I never knew if the site's name was a declarative statement or adjective and noun, but they get 1,000,000 unique visitors a month and I'm going to be submitting 2 articles a month for their comics page, and possibly random contributions to other pages. My first two will be the pieces where I wrote about Vertigo Comics and war comics, both originally published on a friend's blog before I decided to break out my web design knowledge and make this bad boy. Fear not, you will still be able to find those articles here. I'll also be retaining ownership of everything I write and posting them to this website a couple days after they go live on Popmatters.

As for the longer piece on comics I hinted at and am still writing / researching (yeah, I know I've been working on that a while, but I'm working a lot and in the middle of moving blah blah blah), it's about religion in comics and I'll probably be submitting it to Pop Matters because it's going to be a doozy.

Until then, keep an eye on Pop Matters and stick around here to see what my editors don't want you to see, you know, the true grit.

No comments:

Post a Comment